9. Hoil Rocket - Who are you? Can you go toe-to-toe with the best in the DMV? I think so. Do you have the backing and the promotion to be seen? NO! But you got my attention and others will soon follow. Rocket has that raw, street, "i know how to ride the beat" talent to shine. He is moving. Using that money to get videos done and twitter to blast em, and yes, rocket, it's working. He dropped a project last month and a few visuals that will have you wanting more, so stay tuned.
8. Black Cobain - With more than a few projects in the game, he needs 2012 to be his best year to keep the buzz and fans happy, From performing with Wale on Rip the Runway, to opening up for him all arcoss the world, he might not be worried about what we think here in the DMV. But imma tell you like this, the DMV matters. So Black, we still got your back and this needs to be your coming out party. Cheers, yup! We're waiting on it. As BOA is a major support, your fans should be happy and have faith that there is even more success to come.B lack Cobain's third mixtape, "Cheers" coming soon!
7. Shy Glizzy - Shy Glizzy is a star. Yea, I said it. The young hood culture loves him and the young rappers send hate but the diss track to fat trel "disrespect with the teck" blew!!!!!!!!!!!!! up!!!!!!!!!!!! It got the attention of the whole area. Who the fuck is this glizzy guy? The streets respect him and he lives what he raps about. A near death experience last december didn't stop him from grinding and making his struggle and diesel-wearing swag heard. Look out for his newest project and the exclusive PATisDOPE "one on one" interview dropping in the coming months. MIGG is the movement and 2012 is his year!
6. Da Phuture - I'm ready to hear another banger. Da Phuture - Stupid Dope Moves was probably one of the biggest local songs played in the clubs in the #DMV in 2011 and that says a lot. This guy already knows what making a big hit means so we just need to get a full project in 2012 to show the area that he can be known for more than just that track. Also on the 368 team with Phil, in 2012 we need some colabs and maybe another club banger. We are hyped to see what this guy can bring to the table.
5. Urban Cartel - These dudes are a band, hip-hop, and more. Yea, yea, I know most of yall in the UMD area and culture are hip,
but as I told most about the Cartel, they are excited to hear more. The music feels good and is refreshing. My only question is where do these guys wanna take it? Do they wanna get bigger or stay underground? They have major support and it show. Take a look at their visuals backed by their talent and most likely you, too, will be come a fan. Urban cartel we are on the watch, make us happy in 2012 with the newness!
4. David Correy - David Correy and Urban Rock Records have collectively joined together with some of the hottest German, U.S. and Canadian producers to produce The S’animer (Come Alive in French) Pop EP which will be Davids Biggest project yet. The XXL full page story gain him even more buzz Nationally, but its still some people who want to know what all the hype is about locally. David Correy is currently headlining the National InkFest Tour with touring dates in Chicago, Atlanta, North Carolina, and Washington D.C.
David will also be featured on this months cover issue of Wave Magazine highlighting his career goals, new project and an in depth interview on his epic story. Be on the look out for the S’animer Pop EP to debut late May or early June. “I Plan on changing the world and finding my birth mother through my music” - David Correy-
With works such as Live Your Life that has over 700k views on youtube, Im on which has an All Star Feature from Three Six Mafia and Fastlane Featuring Taylor Gangs Own Chevy Woods, Urban Rock Records is stopping at nothing to bring big name features and production with this EP. With all that being said watch out for David this year.
3. Phil Ade - Is this guy the face of DMV hip-hop? Respected by almost everyone, the question is "Who is the DMV poster boy? Phil or Trel?" You really can't compare, but we have to. Phil has done it all: from touring and traveling to meeting all the influential people in the game. With Raheem Devaughn, Dre the Mayor, and 368 label backing him, Phil Ade has made nothing but great music; but some just cant leave then street music alone. Phil is Hip-hop, our city is not. But that hasn't stopped him from being the topic of discussion and soon he will get that deal. Phil is on track, greatly mentored, and each project shows why his music is heard all across the world. 2012 has and will be a big year for him. Yeah, look out for the boy!
2. Fat Trel - No Secrets was his best work and with Nightmare on E street dropping, Trel has the whole area on his back. Even the haters take a listen and have no choice but to pay homage to what this guy has done. He has gotten the co-sign from DMV leader Wale, but since parting ways his buzz has only grown. From label talks to respect in the rap game from big names, 2012 will and has to be the biggest year of his career, make it count. We all are watching. The girls, clubs, and distractions will determine whether you make those millions or remain just a local legend. It's all on you.
1. Logic - Let's be real. If you are paying attention to what's going on in the DMV rap game you will feel the same as me. Logic is your 2012 DMV rapper to watch. Almost half a million views in a month on ONE song. Not overall views, just one track. He is being noticed on not only DMV, blogs but worldwide. If it's not real already for him, it can get really REAL as soon as the summer hits. He is marketable and having fans of all backgrounds helps. Look out for Logic to be the talk of the DMV this summer.
Also keep a lookout for these following artist:
Young moe, Scrap,Digaveli,Nike nando,Kelow,Mave,The Slutty boyz
Dew baby,Top dolla sweizey ,Tierra thomas,j ferb,Tri fecta ent
Pro'verb,Prince Akeem,Ra The MC,Leak,Zim
Flex Washington,YBF, P- wild,NewflyG Tweet